The Merimbula Wargaming Society is an Australian wargaming club founded by Joshua Shoobridge. Josh discusses Australian wargaming and shares some tips for being a dad wargamer.
Support Jonathan through PATREON
Stay in touch with Joshua
- e-Mail Josh: TheHobbyDesk@gmail.com
- Tweet Josh
- The Hobby Desk Facebook Page
- The Hobby Desk Google+ Page
- The Hobby Desk on Troll in the Corner
- WargamerAU Australian Wargaming Internet Forum
Via our Facebook page:
- Listener Tristan said about Episode 137: Great Facebook Groups for Wargamers “Games and Theory for current GW stuff, Star Trek Attack Community (for guess what…), Oldhammer for old school GW stuff, The Horus Heresy painting and modelling group (Forgeworld staff appear regularl here and give out amazing tips for painting and modelling.)”
- Listener & Patreon Supporter Jamie from Norway sent a photo of a work in progress and said “Lots of work in progress here, but I thought you’d like to see that my auction win last year is starting to get some friends and enemies. These are two (not all models in shot) small Muskts & Tomahawks forces for recreating Sharpe from the book series fighting in the Peninsular War. :)”
I’m stunned and terribly saddened to hear of the passing of longtime listener Andrew. He helped to give the show the name Wargaming Recon. Andrew was a kind soul who selflessly gave of himself to help those around him. Despite being legally blind he taught children how to wargame.
Wargaming Recon has lost a good friend in his passing. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes & Stitcher Radio.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Stitcher Radio is fast becoming a popular way for listeners to find great podcasts. Help a would-be listener find Wargaming Recon by leaving your review.
Don’t want to wait? Why not support Wargaming Recon through our Patreon. It costs just $1 per episode roughly $2 per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Wargaming Recon LIVE Page
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
12-7-Games.com was our sponsor for many years. They closed up show to focus on their other business. We thank Bill Dettmers and the entire 12-7-Games crew for their support over the years. This also means we need a new sponsor. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sponsor the show or know someone who might.
NEW Affiliate Relationships
Audible – Get a FREE audiobook download with a FREE 30 day trial. I’m listening to Becoming Steve Jobs by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli. If you liked Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson you’re sure to enjoy Becoming Steve Jobs.
You could be the winning bidder for this beautifully painted limited edition Battlegames Combat Stress Appeal model painted by listener Dave of the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group.
Episode Guide Tells You What’s in the Pipe
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
- We suggest Mobile Users to use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
Promos for the TCPN podcasts appear at the end of the show. Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for the amazing logos. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.