Huzzah is one of the best historical gaming conventions in New England. It features a variety of historical tabletop games from many time periods and rule sets.
Huzzah 2015 was the first live in person recording of Wargaming Recon. Many thanks to Dean Emmerson for making it possible.
Support Jonathan through PATREON
- Bloody Tomahawk – Supplies for the Outpost 28mm models Muskets & Tomahawks rules with GM Earl Richards
- Battle in Zululand – Isandlwana 25mm models Command & Colors rules with GM William Greenwald
- South Sudan December 2013 15mm models Modern Combat rules with GM Richard Claydon
- Blow That Bridge 25mm models Bolt Action rules with GMs Scott Kunian and Joe Ettl
Via our Twitter:
- Listener @AdlerHobby said “THANK YOU for the awesome podcast and amazing support”
- Guest @bellwethergames said “Thanks for having us on! Really fun chat!”
- Guest @JoshoBrouwers said “And that was the podcast! My thanks for hosting Jasper and me. If you missed the live show, you can download it.”
I’m stunned and terribly saddened to hear of the passing of longtime listener Andrew. He helped to give the show the name Wargaming Recon. Andrew was a kind soul who selflessly gave of himself to help those around him. Despite being legally blind he taught children how to wargame.
Wargaming Recon has lost a good friend in his passing. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
- Jamie Searle from Norway left a 5 star review on iTunes titled A Great Wargames Podcast saying “I’m really enjoying this show. I’ve listened to about 50 episodes now and found all of them to have real value. The range of topics is refreshing and the quality of production and guests really makes it a good listen. Wargaming Recon is mostly focused on historical miniature wargames, but enough different games and tangental topics are covered that it’s always interesting.”
- RobertD left a 4 star review on Stitcher Radio titled Historical Wargaming saying “Every episode has some great content related to wargaming in New England. It could be talking about a Convention with one of the directors, holiday buying ideas, or even just doing a mailbag episode.”
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes & Stitcher Radio.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Stitcher Radio is fast becoming a popular way for listeners to find great podcasts. Help a would-be listener find Wargaming Recon by leaving your review.
You could be the winning bidder for this beautifully painted limited edition Battlegames Combat Stress Appeal model painted by listener Dave of the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group.
Wargaming Recon LIVE Page
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
Episode Guide Tells You What’s in the Pipe
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
- We suggest Mobile Users to use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
Promos for the TCPN podcasts appear at the end of the show. Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for the amazing logos. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
12-7-Games.com Proudly Sponsors Wargaming Recon
Need gaming supplies? Please consider our sponsor, 12-7-Games.com.
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.