I am extremely excited to announce that the Swamped! campaign is now LIVE on Kickstarter! Bellwether Games and I have been working together to develop this game for a year and a half now. We feel we’ve honed this down to a fun, fast and easily replayable game with a price tag of just $12. We’ve taken my original concept and created a game that embodies a lot of what we love in larger board and card games and boils it down to just the fun bits. Cooperation, hidden agendas, cards with multiple uses and an always different play space in the form of the Swamp.
You’ve been hired to collect a rare herb found deep in the heart of one of the world’s most deadly swamps. Together with your newly acquainted team, you must navigate this dangerous environment in a tiny boat to find the legendary plant before night falls or something more sinister finds you first…
In the game players take turns planning and executing movements for the boat in an attempt to collect lucrative natural treasures. As the game progresses, the boat drifts deeper and deeper in the swamp and players will suddenly discover they need to work together to get out of the swamp alive!
Please visit the Kickstarter page for more information and please, please help us with this campaign! How can you help?
- Visit and “like” the Kickstarter page.
- Share a link of the Kickstarter page with friends and family either online or by talking about it!
- Pledge your support at the Kickstarter page. Even just $1 will get you access to the print and play edition of the game and all of the project updates. $X will get you a copy of the game, shipping included if the campaign is successful.
- If you’re a member of Board Game Geek, head over to the Swamped page and become a fan! Give some photos a thumbs up and let us know you’re here!
Swamped is a game for 2-4 adventurers that plays in about 30 minutes and expands the vibrant world of Antidote. In addition to a one-of-a-kind theme, there are 6 core elements that make Swamped incredibly fun and a surprisingly unique gaming experience:
- Player-shared pieces: All players share ownership of the same tiny boat in the swamp, so the actions of any one player impact every other player directly.
- Secret and shared objectives: Everyone knows the main objective, but each player also has a hidden goal that might lead the whole expedition into deadly peril!
- Player controlled game-length: Players can speed-up or slow-down the game down depending on their preference. Some will try to get out of the swamp quickly, while others will delay until they’ve collected precisely the right combination of treasures.
- Surprise ending: It is unlikely that anyone can know with 100% certainty who has won the game before each player’s secret objective is revealed, leading to an exciting reveal at the very end!
- Efficient use of physical components: Despite its small size (35 cards and 2 pieces), most cards have multiple uses and orientations leading to a surprisingly deep set of decisions each player can make.
- Variable game map: As players move deeper into the swamp, the swamp expands from the action card deck, opening up unique adventure opportunities every time you play.
Note: The game components in the video are all prototype quality.
Bellwether Games is trying something a little different with this project. Not only will funding drive unlocked stretch goals, but backers will also have quite a say in what stretch goals become unlocked and when! How? Here’s how:
I personally think this is a great thing – putting the available stretch goals into the hands of the backers so that they can unlock what they want to, in the order they want it unlocked.
If you want more news, I’d highly suggest going right to the source on Kickstarter! And for timely updates, consider pledging. Just $1 gets you all of the news as soon as it comes out and access to the Print and Play files.