Holiday Gift Guide 2013
Are you afraid of failing your wargaming gift skill check? Don’t worry because the Holiday Gift Guide 2013 will help you to find the right gift for the gamer in your life. If you are a gamer why not share this gift guide with those in your life who scratch their heads when it comes time to buy you a present?
Special guest Ben Gerber, head honcho of the Troll in the Corner and host of the Indie Talks podcast, joins Jonathan. They share their respective lists.
- Felt-$4/99/yard Jo-Ann Fabrics
- 1/72 scale Plastic models-$7.50 HaT Industrie
- Woodland Scenics Clump Foliage-$10.99 Woodland Scenics
- Mega Wargames book by Jon Sutherland-$50 Wargames Illustrated/Battlefront Miniatures
- X-wing Miniatures Core Set [affiliate link]-$29.60 Amazon
- Gaming Table-$66.42 Listen to Episode 92 for more information
$100 and up
- TotalCon Attendance
- Shopping Spree-Battleground Games & Hobbies, Hobby Bunker, The Whiz
- Dremel 4000 series Rotary Tool-$138.15 Home Depot
- Love Letter card game [affiliate link]-$10 Amazon
- Dungeon Roll [affiliate link]-$18 Amazon
- Gamers: Dorkness Rising digital download film [affiliate link]-$10 DriveThruRPG
- Google Chromecast [affiliate link]-$35 Amazon
- Lords of Waterdeep [affiliate link]-$39.89 Amazon
- The Walking Dead DVDs [affiliate link]-$19.96-$62.98 varies Amazon
$100 and up
- Aftershockz AS330F Bluez Open Ear Bluetooth Wireless Headset [affiliate link]-$84.99 Amazon
- Gerber 30-000601 Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit [affiliate link]-$245.99 Amazon
- Kindle Fire 7″ HD 8GB [affiliate link]-$139 Amazon
- The final episode of 2013 is Wargames Holiday Centre with special guests Jon & Diane Sutherland
- The show is on break from December 16, 2013 returning with a new episode on January 20, 2014
- You can Sponsor an Episode for $5. Get full details here
- Some mobile listeners have problems hearing the show with Apple’s Podcasts App. We suggest using a different app like Pocket Casts ($1.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE).
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
Wargaming Recon belongs to the Troll in the Corner Podcast Network (TCPN). You may like some of the other shows on the network.
Indie Talks – bi-monthly on Wednesdays covering independent games, film, television. Includes many interviews. Hosted by Trollitc owner Ben Gerber.
Monsters of the Shattered World – monthly on the last Saturday. Story of a young scholar encountering strange animals on another world.
Promos for the TCPN podcasts appear at the end of the show. Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for the amazing logos. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
12-7-Games.com Proudly Sponsors Wargaming Recon
Need gaming supplies? Please consider our sponsor, 12-7-Games.com.
BlueHost Affiliate Signup
I want to send out a special word of thanks to the folks behind the following domains that were used to create a new hosting account with BlueHost with my Blue Host affiliate link recently. As you know, I earn a commission each time someone clicks through my link to sign up with Blue Host. So thank you!
Accounts that were created recently:
– Why not consider Blue Host for your web hosting needs (affiliate link)?
Note: The fact that I have linked to these accounts is only to acknowledge that these folks have used my affiliate link to create a hosting account with BlueHost. These links are not an endorsement of any content that may be posted to these sites. If you ever recognize content blatantly offensive at any of these links, please let me know and I will be sure to evaluate and consider if the link should be removed from this post. These accounts are all brand new and may not be active yet. Also, it is possible that some of these domains were previously owned and my not have been transferred to BlueHost just yet.
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.