He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who… sticks out in darkness… is… fluorescent!
Read on for your chance to win one of four HD downloads of Gamers: Dorkness Rising and JourneyQuest Season 1 from DriveThruRPG!
Zombie Orpheus Entertainment
You’ve probably heard me go on and on about the amazing movies and web series Zombie Orpheus Entertainment/The Dead Gentlemen have been creating. Gamers: Dorkness Rising is a wonderful take on fantasy role playing games and the people who play them. JourneyQuest is a fan-funded web series that integrates all of the great RPG tropes into a wonderful (and freely available!) online series. Both really should be staple for anyone who is in to RPGs.
What you should know is that ZOE is currently fundraising for season 2 of JourneyQuest. They’ve already met their barebones goal of $60k and are looking to get to $100k where they can produce a full length season. They’re close, so very close! If they can raise $200k they can shoot seasons 2 and 3 concurrently, just like Peter Jackson does!
With 12 days left at the launch of this contest, the ZOE folks are allowing me to give away four HD downloadable copies (DRM Free!) of their products. Two copies of Gamers: Dorkness Rising and two copies of JourneyQuest Season 1!
Here’s what you have to do to get yourself entered.
First, leave a comment on this post telling me in two sentences or less why you should win this! That will get you one entry into this contest. Make sure you use a valid email address when commenting – this is how I’ll get in touch with you!
Want more entries? Here’s how to get yourself FOUR more entries: Click on the Kickstarter widget above to watch the video and find four people who are going to be in season 2, who were not in season 1. Take this information and email me with it. Make sure your subject is “Zombie Orpheus Entertainment Contest”. You’ll get an additional entry in to this contest for each person you name, giving you a possible total of 5 entries. But don’t send that email yet – there are still three more entries you can get.
Want to score three more entries? Post the following to the social network of your choice (Twitter, facebook, Google+, hell even MySpace):
Win one of four HD downloads of Gamers: Dorkness Rising or JourneyQuest Season 1 http://bit.ly/uyGXeZ ends Friday, Nov. 18th!
Give me proof that you’ve done this in your email, and I’ll give you three extra entries. Screen shot, link, what have you.
- You can’t write for Troll in the Corner or work for Zombie Orpheus Entertainment/The Dead Gentlemen and enter this contest.
- This contest ends on Friday, November 18th at 11:59 PM EST. Any entries received after this time will not be counted.
- All entries will be assigned a number based on when they are received, in sequential order: 1,2,3, etc.
- Winners will be selected at random by one of the two following methods: I will paste sticky notes with every numbered entry received on my wall and allow my children to throw cheap “Chinese throwing star” knock offs at them until four sticky notes have been maimed OR I will use a random number selection based on the number of entries received through random.com.
- Each winner will be given one of four HD downloads from DriveThruRPG. A total of two copies of Gamers: Dorkness Rising and two copies of JourneyQuest Season 1 are available.
- Winners will randomly be assigned a prize.
- All winner selections are final.
- Troll in the Corner never shares email address with anyone else, EVER. Except in the event that you win, in which case your email address will be given to ZOE to mail you your winning download code.
- The winners will be announced on Troll in the Corner by Monday, November 21st at 10am EST and contacted by email individually.
I hope that while you’re entering this contest, you’ll take a look at the Kickstarter project and consider funding it. For a buck you can help make this series happen. There are tons of cool rewards for backers and you’ll be supporting a project that is made specifically for the gamers in all of us. I’ve already put my money where my mouth is and backed this project.