The black and white indie film, Clerks, by Kevin Smith has much to teach us. We share five life lessons we can all learn from the film.
Never seen the film? BUY the Clerks 15 anniversary edition for just $6 on Amazon.
5 Life Lessons from Clerks
- “I’m Not Even Supposed to Be Here Today”-Dante Hicks
- “You Should Shit or Get Off the Pot”-Randal Graves
- “If you want Caitlyn then talk to Veronica and be with Caitlyn. If you want Veronica then be with Veronica. Don’t pine for one and fuck the other.”-Randal Graves
- “Now here comes the speech about how he’s just doing his job by following orders. Friends let me tell you about another group of hate mongers. They were called Nazis…”-Chewlie’s Gum Representative
- “How many? How many dicks have you sucked? How many? Something like 36? I’m 37!?! 37, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks.”-Dante Hicks
What are some other life lessons you’ve learned from Clerks?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider rating us on iTunes.
As of June 2014 we have no iTunes ratings. iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find a show you enjoy?
Rate us on iTunes
Like What You Hear?
You’ll want to check out Jonathan’s other podcast: Wargaming Recon, a historical wargaming podcast with new episodes every other Monday.
Be sure to tell your friends about Geeks Explicitly. You can contact us by e-mailing GeeksExplicitly@gmail.com, follow us on Twitter @GeeksExplicitly, or Like our Facebook page.
Also, listen to us on iTunes!
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew for creating our logo. Check out his work at MightyNightGaunt.com.
If you like Geeks Explicitly, then you’re sure to like the other shows on the Troll in the Corner Podcast Network.
Our Theme Song
Our intro song is “I Wish I Were” by Matthew Ebel. Please give his other music a listen at www.matthewebel.com.
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Jonathan J. Reinhart is an editor of Troll in the Corner where he writes about wargaming. Jonathan also is the owner of the Wargaming Recon podcast. He has been gaming with miniatures since 2000 and playing board games from a young age.
He's played a myriad of games such as: Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Starship Troopers, Axis & Allies: War at Sea, Flames of War and Warlord Games' Black Powder rules. War at Sea and the Black Powder rules are his current go-to games.
Jonathan enjoys casual, fast, fun, and group board games. Sitting Ducks Gallery, Zombie Dice, Guillotine, Pandemic, and Carcassonne rank high on his list. He is a retired local politician with a B.A. in Politics & History, which provides a useful background for historical gaming. A casual World of Warcraft player, he became a Kingslayer as Viktrious the Blood Elf on 4/23/11 and followed that up by slaying Deathwing on 5/9/12.