Mount & Blade was a game that was first brought to my attention a few years ago when it was just a beta, looking for some love. It took me a while but I finally got around to playing it and now I’m kicking myself for not picking it up much earlier. I’ve had it now for just over a year and it’s one of two or three games I consistently return to when I’ve finished with The Next Big Thing.
M&B is something of a first person melee game and something of a fantastical medieval simulator. You ride a horse, wield axes, swords, bows and pole arms and generally get into fights. On the way you can pick up followers, companions, castles, kingdoms and eventually – the world! It’s a hell of a lot of fun.
The next iteration of the game, Mount & Blade Warband is set to release March 19th, and adds to the game some revamped graphics, new game play elements and most importantly, multiplayer. Here’s Armagan talking about Warband.
Today, Paradox Interactive debuts brand new interview footage with the developers of the highly anticipated medieval action RPG, Mount & Blade: Warband. The latest iteration of the popular title will incorporate a brand new multiplayer feature, enabling up to 64 players to engage in grueling, combat on horseback that only Paradox Interactive and developer Taleworlds Entertainment can offer.
Join Armagan Yavuz, Lead Developer at Taleworlds Entertainment, as he takes players through the multiplayer modes of Mount & Blade: Warband at the Paradox Interactive Convention.
“This is one of the most exciting features for us and also for the fans as well,” says Armagan, as he speaks on the new multiplayer aspect. “If you like the idea of fighting on a horse and fighting with tough guys with swords…you are going to enjoy Mount & Blade: Warband.”
Mount & Blade: Warband Game Features:
• Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team
• Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege.
• Seek adventure alone, or recruit and train an army fit for a king. You and your companions will gain experience and skills while your soldiers evolve into a deadly fighting force.
• State-of-the-art rendering technologies combine with a more informative interface, allowing new and advanced players alike to enjoy an unprecedented level of immersion.
• The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery.
There’s also a very healthy mod community as well, which I’m sure will be all over Warband.
[tags]video games, gaming, medieval, mount & blade[/tags]